Great compliments are ornaments that you hang on your wall and return to every time you feel a positive emotion. ~Matthew Hussey.
When you pay compliments to your man, you plant yourself in his heart and make him think of you also. Some ladies make the mistake of complimenting their men to third parties, but do you think this is proper as your spouse may never get to hear it?
How do you go about paying some sweet compliments for guys?
1. Be Direct When Giving Compliments
How can we give compliments to your mate when you don’t know how to? Don’t just say dear, I like your shirt, instead, say that shirt looks great on you.
2. Be Specific
Don’t just tell your mate you are handsome, instead, tell them in what way they are handsome.
3. Be honest, don’t let it come across as flattery. Say it as you mean it and let it sound real.
4. Look for something that your spouse does very well and compliment it. Also, look out for not so spectacular things about them and compliment it as well. Why do I say this? The most obvious strengths of your man would definitely have been complemented by other people, look out for other things that only you can see.
5. Instead of complimenting his achievements which isn’t bad, try complimenting who he is.
6. Look for opportunities to compliment him. Every man wants to be loved and appreciated not just for what he has but who he is. Tell him what makes him feel special to you.
7. Do not always wait for special occasions to compliment your man, let it be part of you.
How To Compliment A Guy On His Look
Men generally love to be told they have great bodies and commenting parts of their bodies make them feel great. Remember not to stop at just the body parts but go further to talk about their appearance. Let’s look at some compliments you can use:
1. I love your curly hair.
2. I love to lay my head on your broad chest, it feels like home.
3. You look great in those pants.
How To Compliment A Guy On His Personality
You will agree with me that your man has some really great personality traits. This is one great avenue to pass some sweet compliments for guys. My man’s sense of humor is out of this world, he’s so damn funny, he reminds me of Actor Rowan Atkinson of the popular Mr. Bean comedy series and I love that part of him because it not only relieves tension between us but makes people happy too.
Now, most people outside don’t know this part of him but I do and compliment it always. Your man may be smart, as funny as my man or even charming, compliment those sides of him. You can borrow a leaf from the following:
1. You are just so funny, you got everyone laughing at the table.
2. You are such an entertainer, people should come to watch sometimes you know?
3. You are such a gift. Your ability to stay calm in turbulent times gives me hope.
How To Compliment A Guy Through Texts By Sending Some Sweet Compliments For Guys
Whether you just met or you have been together for a while, remember, the fire has been kindled and the heat is up. Texting could be a powerful tool in sending compliments.
Why should texting be a part of the mix? It helps create some moments that will be cherished, create some deep interest, create an environment of fun and humor and also use it as a vehicle to drive some sweet compliments for guys into the very heart of your man. Here, you have to tread softly and not just keep sending messages as it comes to mind, there is an act to it.
Go subtle, add some teasing to it, that way your message hits home quickly. It could be a way of spiking interest. Remember, it shouldn’t replace your regular conversations. Make your words few and catchy, no need for epistles and long messages, you can save that for your physical meetings.
Don’t fall into the trap of wanting to talk deeply by text messaging, it’s best to leave deep conversations for physical rapport, the text just acts as a window and gives an opportunity to bump into each other briefly.
Learn to send catchy messages that will put a smile on his face and raise some emotions in him. Make use of your early morning when you get out of bed, a quick check-in at lunchtime or just before bed.
Let your statements make an impression. Know ideal messages to send so you don’t appear needy and kill the attraction that already exists. Anyone can send messages but there is a better way to do it to bring results. The result is to see him smile, make a connection, and make them desire you more. To do this, try to keep your compliment short, simple, and straight to the point.
You can use emojis too to depict your mood at that point in time. You could write any of the following compliments to your man.
1. It was nice seeing you today.
2. You looked really great in your outfit.
3. I can’t wait to see you again.
4. You are such a caring man.
5. What a marvelous gift you are to me.
6. You own my heart.
7. You light up my world.
8. You leave me breathless.
9. You rock my world.
10. You are the best.
11. You are my world.
Other sweet compliments for guys include:
1. You are such a guy
This is a line you can use when your man exhibits some real masculine traits like lifting really heavy stuff. This will infuse some kind of pride in your man making him have more confidence in his abilities.
2. I feel safe around you
You can say this to your man if you begin to get real close. Every man wants his lady to feel safe especially when you are together. I’ve had a guy tell me, I will protect you and I won’t expose you to harm, this made me, in turn, use the above-mentioned line. It also made him go out of his way to make me feel safe.
This is another great way to compliment your man and make him feel like a superhero that he is trying to be.
3. You are so great, I’m glad I have you
This is best used for someone you have established a concrete relationship, not one you are still testing the waters with. The best way to keep a guy, trust me, is to make him feel special and not try to downplay his attributes you admire.
Some ladies make the mistake of thinking that their men will misbehave when they are appreciated by words, but this is not true, the more you praise your man, the more confident he becomes and the more special he will feel around you especially when their love language is words of affirmation, they always want you to assure them of your love and feel you are still connected with them.
4. Thanks for the help
Regardless of how little or insignificant the help your man renders, make him feel all loved up by saying “thanks for coming to my rescue or you are a lifesaver”. It may be said jokingly but it will send a signal of him feeling like a savior to you. He will do anything to make you keep feeling this good about him.
5. I love your smell
I personally love perceiving strong fragrances on my man so most times instead of saying I love your perfume, I’d instead say, I love your smell especially when it mixes with your sweat, it makes you exude masculinity.
Some more sweet compliments for guys you can use for your man include:
6. You are such an incredible guy.
7. You are so sensual.
8. You are just so amazing. Don’t just say it, tell him why you think he’s amazing.
9. The way you check up on me really makes me feel special, you are a rare breed.
10. You are so unique.
11. You feel so warm.
This is how to compliment a guy in bed. Seize the opportunity to steal a hug and cuddle, then say the words.
12. Moments spent with you feel like heaven.
13. I love your personality, you are so smart.
14. I love you.
15. I’m in love with the man you are.
16. You are a goal-getter.
17. I’m proud of you.
18. I am glad you are a part of my world.
19. You look sensual when you are driving.
20. I appreciate the way you make out time for us.
21. I’m proud of your decision-making skills.
22. You make me feel beautiful when you take my hand whenever we take a walk.
23. I’m excited to be with you, it’s never a dull moment.
24. I’m blown away by the way you care for me.
25. You are such a great kisser.
26. You are my knight in shining armor.
27. You are so handsome.
28. I love your thoughtfulness.